Before I start... I want to say this has been a HARD week for me so if my list is a little DARK I apologize in advance.
I am thankful that...
- I am not like my Aunt Martha.
- That I don't live in Selma, Alabama anymore.
- That I am smarter than ANYONE gives me credit for.
- That I can read between the lines and SEE the truth.
- I am not greedy. That I believe in FAMILY and LOVE and HELPING OTHERS.
- That I am getting closer to Erin's family.
- That I cut ties with someone (an old friend) that made me feel UNCOMFORTABLE.
- For Jessica finding people to cut my yard for free every month since I am disabled. Even though she wasn't and isn't family by blood or by marriage/etc... she is FAMILY to me now because she did more for me than my own blood has done in most cases.
- For my ability to say "Fuck it" and let go and move on/past something that has hurt me.
- For the years I had with Dot Dot before she passed away this last week. I believe Mom would have been proud of me. I didn't leave her behind or get rid of her when Mom died. I kept her with me even though she was hard to deal with (calico cats usually are) and she dealt me fits sometimes. I think Mom wouldn't have believed the progress I made with her .... where she was coming to me, snuggling, loving, and kissing on me. She was a changed cat in her last years. I am sad to see her go but THANKFUL I had the time I had with her. Be at peace sweet girl. Find Mom and rest. Thank you for being my kitty family and friend. I love you.