I Won't Last a Day without You (1972)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song makes reference to rainbows. Have you seen one lately? I haven't seen a rainbow in a few years now. I used to see them all the time.
2) When Sam heard this song, it occurred to her that she wouldn't last a day without a game of online Yahtzee. What little commonplace pleasure reliably brightens your day? Word Chums. I love playing it. Makes me feel SMART.
3) Richard Carpenter was emphatic that his group's name was "Carpenters," NO "the." Whenever he hears the group referred to as "The Carpenters," it gets on his nerves. What little commonplace annoyance reliably sets you off? When someone thinks it's childish for me to still be playing video games.
4) Karen Carpenter said she drank iced tea all day long. What beverage do you think you'll have with your next meal? Sweet Tea... I love it.
5) "I Won't Last a Day without You" was written by Oscar-winning composer Paul Williams. He also tried his hand at acting, most notably appearing with Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit. Back in the 1970s, the three movies in the Smokey series were very popular. Have you seen any of them? My Dad loved Smokey and the Bandit and as a child it was really a cool movie... so yea, I saw all of them with my Dad.
6) This song was recorded in 1973 by Diana Ross. Now in her 70s, Miss Ross is still going strong with a busy calendar of appearances in 2017. What's your favorite Diana Ross song? Oh I love her duet Endless Love with Lionel Richie but solo song I love is the one she did from The Wiz called HOME.
7) In 1972, the year this song was popular, the United States and the United Kingdom joined forces and launched the Copernicus satellite. Today it's remembered for the discovery of long-period pulsars. Crazy Sam got bored writing this question. Do you enjoy reading about science? Sometimes... it has to be something unusual or strange ... not normal for it to catch my eye.
8) Before Michael Phelps, Mark Spitz was American's premier Olympic swimmer. In 1972 he won seven Gold Medals. After making millions in endorsements and TV appearances, he settled into a career as a realtor in Los Angeles. Are you contemplating a change in residence any time soon? If you move, will you be consulting a realtor? I won't be moving any time soon ... if I do change residence I won't go through a realtor... I'll do it all myself because I have a great eye for things.
9) Random question: Which of these is completely, 100% UNTRUE of you -- boring, lazy or stupid? 100% Untrue that I am Boring or Stupid. I always have something to talk about so I wouldn't bore anyone and I keep myself occupied so I am never truly bored. I know I am not the smartest person but I am not stupid either. I always look to gain knowledge in any way I can. I never stop learning.