Friday

Five Minute Friday

http://katemotaung.com/


This weeks prompt is ... MORE.

What is it with people always wanting more. More gadgets, more money, more cars, more of this... and that. When is enough truly enough? I don't believe all people are greedy by nature but in a world like the one we live in, when do people stop WANTING more and become satisfied with the lives they have? Is it ever enough to just... BE? Or is it our nature to always want more?

I stopped being materalistic a long time ago. My ex wanted MORE expensive things but I found myself content if I reused something or bought from a THRIFT store instead of getting something NAME BRAND. There is nothing wrong with SECOND HAND ANYTHING! So what if you don't have the newest purse, shoes, or clothes? Who the FUCK are you trying to impress anyway?

Impress yourself. Want less not more... and be CONTENT that life gives you no less than what you truly deserve.

8 comments:

  1. I agree! And in fact, I'm even more impressed when I can put an outfit together for $6 and look good than I am when I spend a lot on something (which I can rarely do anymore because I realize if I were just patient I could afford something better by thrifting). Visiting from FMF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Money NEvER matters when it comes to GOOD clothing. You can buy the most expensive shirt and it can fall apart way before something you bought at a thrift store. Why spend so much money on a BRAND instead of the JOY of finding a JEWEL at a thrift store?!?!

      Delete
  2. So true!! Thrifting and garage sales are my favorite ways to shop!! Embrace simple and less and minimal life. It's so freeing :) Thanks for posting in FMF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I don't do garage sales because I get a little SHY pulling up in people's yards and such. I will hit Thrift and Antique stores all the time though

      Delete
  3. Great perspective. To this I add that we are given all that we need, and if we aren't content with what we have we will never be content, there will never be an end to wanting more. The older I get the less possessions I want or need. Like you, I am content with anything that is functional, it doesn't have to be new or brand name or fancy. I also don't need 40 pairs of shoes... I only have two feet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY my friend. The older I get the more I have learned LESS IS MORE. I don't have to have LOTS of anything. I do have collection of DVDS and GAMES but other than that... I don't buy lots of jewelry because I don't wear it... I hate lots of shoes. I have like 2 pairs of sneakers (only have 2 because when Dad died I actually found his sneakers and they fit so I kept them), Mom's Moccasins that I can't wear but I keep because... it was Mom's, my pair of black boots, and a pair of black sandles. THAT is IT. My grandmother used to have over 100 pair of heels. I just don't see doing that... I am not a big FASHION person anyway.

      Delete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.