Friday

Five Minute Friday





Theme: Empty

There are many times in my life I have felt empty and void of emotion. I always thought maybe there was something wrong with me. As I grew older I understood that some moments are just TOO powerful to express emotions with. Sometimes silence is all that is needed. This has happened when someone has died that is close to me, losing my own child, my divorce(s), and my heart attack. I think in the moment, silence is all that makes sense. It fills what was left empty with a clean slate ... later other emotions can fill that space but for a brief moment... when I feel my most vulnerable, is when I feel EMPTY.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right - emptiness is sometimes the only response we can muster when something tragic happens. A void that can only be filled later when the dust settles. Powerful post.

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.