Sunday

AtoZ Challenge: Zaftig

THEME: STORIES FROM MY PAST

Z = Zaftig

zaf·tig
ˈzäftiɡ/
adjective
NORTH AMERICANinformal
  1. (of a woman) having a full, rounded figure; plump.


My family has the curse of women being SHORT and ROUND. It's in the blood on BOTH sides of my family (More on Mom's than Dad's). My Granny was as round as she was short but full of spunk. My grandmother was short. Mom wasn't VERY tall at all... and me.... I am 5'0" and yea, sadly, I am round.

I see how people look at me... avoid me... whisper about me.... and you know what? GO AHEAD.

I HAVE EXTRA WEIGHT AND I AM PROUD OF IT.

I have tried countless diets and methods to lose all the weight and no matter what I try... I can't pull of the amount of weight I desire to lose. Doctors say it is a combination of my genetics and the pills I have to be on for my various ILLNESSES.

Still, I get around pretty DAMN good for someone my size. I think it is HORRIBLE that people BODY SHAME someone else because they are not SKINNY or ATHLETIC. So what? It takes all kinds of people to make the world go round.

I have been teased and bullied about my weight my entire life. But I have had my illnesses almost my entire life and been on medications that alter my weight. I exercise. I eat less. I eat healthy. Nothing changes.

I've learned to accept myself for what I am. A BIG BEAUTIFUL WOMAN. I might not be HUGE... I might just be festively plump... but I love me... and as long as this heart (which is damaged in more than one way) keeps on ticking I am gonna do my thing.


2 comments:

  1. I learned a new word here today! :-) And it could easily be applied to me as well. I think it's a sad world we live in, where everyone sees the ideal woman as one who is tall and thin and often surgically enhanced as she ages. I could care less what someone looks like, it's what's inside that counts, truly! The most beautiful woman in the world is actually quite ugly if she doesn't have a heart for others. I have lost large amounts of weight twice in my life, and I know I could do it again with a low-carb diet and exercise, but I also know that I lack in self-discipline and will slowly gain it all back again, so what's the point? Being healthy is important, focus on that, and not what you weigh. It is easy to see from your photo that you are beautiful, if I can see it, so can any others who matter!

    Congratulations on completing the A to Z in excellent form, with great posts that were really interesting to come and read! You put a lot of work into it, and I commend you for sharing so freely. Isn't it wonderful to reach "Z' today and exhale?! :-) Same time next year? Keep on being you, life is going to turn in your favor in due time! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing the challenge, I know I did not comment on all your post's put your theme was great! Maybe next year I will be back up for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.