Wednesday

AtoZ Challenge: P = PUSSIES

THEME: STORIES FROM MY PAST

P = PUSSIES

GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER.

SHAME ON YOU.

LOL. 

No seriously. I am not talking about Hoo-Hoos... I want to talk about Cats but C was taken and so was K so P seemed like a way to play on words. Personally I hate the word PUSSY... when people say that word I kinda cringe. So many people have made it VULGAR that when someone says PUSSY CAT I can't even keep a straight face.

I want to talk about Cats because... I have a connection with cats. They are my kindred spirit. 

When I was a baby... Mom had a cat named Smokey. One night when Mom and Dad was asleep Smokey woke them up. He ran into my room and lay next to my head as if to shield me. That is when Mom and Dad smelled GAS. The immediately got me and the cat out of that house. Smokey the cat SAVED US. Thank you Smokey.

I have had so many cats in my life. 

One of the earliest cats I can remember having was Squeeky. He was a little grey ball of fluff who would let me pick him up by his tail. He loved me so much and I loved him. 

Tiny was a cat we had who loved to catch snakes and leave them as presents for my parents.

Mom and Dad and I took care of Mom's friends siamese cat named Chug-a-luga-ching-ching-bang-bang-choo-choo. I always got a kick out of that.

What always surprises people is if they have a cat and it's not usually friendly to strangers and I come visit. They will tell me the cat doesn't like other people but before I leave... every single time... the cat finds me and ends up laying right beside or on me letting me pet it and everyone is just in awe of it.
I don't know why cats love me. I don't know why I am a kindred kitty spirit. I understand and love cats... always have and always will. 

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with you about the P-word, it has come to mean something vulgar when it used to just mean a pussycat. In fact my husband had a cat named Mama Puss that lived to be 20 years old, and only loved him. She swatted, nipped and hissed at his wife and kids! :-) Cats seem to sense who their kindred spirits are, and they will seek them out every time, it sounds like you are one of those. We have four cats and our lives would be so much less interesting and loving without them!

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.