Saturday

AtoZ Challenge: M = Mom


THEME: STORIES FROM MY PAST

M = MOM

I have many pages and posts about my Mom, Ruby Carolyn Pittman.... see them to the right in the menus. I wanted to write a few of my favorite memories of me and Mom throughout the years.

Mom and I were more like best friends than anything else. I knew I could always tell her and talk to her about any and everything. And I did. She would always tell me like it is but she also was always there for me for everything I needed.

Mom and I would go grocery shopping all the time. She liked taking me cause I could spot bargains and always saved her money. We would plan out all kinds of things and talk about so much when we went on our shopping trips. 

When I was a little girl, I couldn't go to sleep unless Mom was holding me. I would be in her lap with my arms wrapped around her and just go to sleep.

My Mom had a silly side to her. She only showed it to those she truly loved and trusted. Most people never saw it but I can remember Mom getting into giggle fits and having a devilish smile on her face. I enjoyed those moments because she was always such a hard working woman... she deserved so much more out of life.

She put my Dad and me FIRST always... and herself ... she put last (sadly that would be her eventual downfall). She pampered me and Dad when we needed it and .... believe me.... we always needed it. I think that is why both Dad and I felt so damn LOST when she died.

Mom and I hardly ever fought...we had MOCK PLAY fights where I'd say "UP YOURS" and she'd reply "SIDEWAYS BITCH". We were just fun like that.

We played HOURS of cards and Monopoly together... we painted so many ceramics (Mom had her own Arts & Crafts business). 

My Mom was one of a kind... I could tell stories all day but ... I am actually in tears so I am gonna end it here.

LOVE YOU MOM.

6 comments:

  1. She sounds like a wonderful friend and mother! Very nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post about your Mom. She was obviously a good mother who loved you and shared it with you. Memories are often sweet sorrows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom will always be a part of you. I am sure she looks over you every day. You are blessed by her. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had such a close relationship with your mother, and I am so glad for that. I am blessed to have one like that with my daughter too, but I didn't with my mother, and I've always wished it could have been different. Your mother gave you her whole heart, and you carry those memories and the laughter with you. I know she must be very proud of you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you're half done with the A-Z and I am really impressed with all you've written and shared for it. I know that some of it has been difficult to write, bringing up old memories, but it will free you too. I feel like I have a much better understanding of who you are and how strong you are. I can't wait to see how your life grows and changes in the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your Mom was an amazing woman. I am sorry she is no longer with you.

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.