Tuesday

AtoZ Challenge: I = Illnesses

THEME: STORIES FROM MY PAST

I = ILLNESSES

Following the HEART ATTACK... a lot of people want to know what else ails me.

I was born with asthma and allergies. I had colic as a baby and also couldn't drink regular milk I had to have a substitute. I had a miscarriage in 1996 which was followed by the required DNC. I have been hospitalized more times than I can count for my asthma but I was hospitalized in 1993 from double pneumonia which scarred my right lung.

I had nose polyp removal surgery for the first time in 2001 and the second time in 2010. Later in 2010 I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism. That year I also was put on DEPRESSION pills because I've suffered from depression, ptsd, and anxiety all my life. In 2010 I also bleed for 6 straight months with my menstrual cycle being severely off course... doctors corrected that with pills. Throughout 2002 - 2013 I was told I had high blood pressure and cholesterol which they treated only the symptoms with pills. In 2011 I had my gallbladder removed. Then the heart attack in 2012. In 2015 I was told I have carpal tunnel in my right wrist. 

So there you go... that's all my stuff. I am the oldest 39 year old medically I know. I take around 20 pills a day not counting inhalers and nebulizers. 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you have been through so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I look at it as lessons I've learned and I am thankful for them... even the hard ones because it builds character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, that is a whole lot to deal with at any age. I also have allergies and asthma. I have had nasal/sinus surgery three times and still can't breathe well out of one side of my nose. I have learned that other people don't really understand allergies and how serious they can be... and scary. Asthma can be deadly too. I am not surprised you deal with PTSD and depression you have gone through a lot at a young age. The good part is that you acknowledge these issues so you can find ways that help you cope. I think just writing out all of this to share for the A-Z is awesome therapy, no longer secrets but heavy weights on your heart being released to the universe. Think of yourself as a butterfly being released from that cocoon to fly free! Think of ways you can do something good with life, like the way you care for your partner. You have an immense capacity for caring and giving and you are important to the world! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.