Thursday

AtoZ Challenge: E = EMPATH


THEME: STORIES FROM MY PAST

E = Empath


Mom always said I had a gift. I sense things and feel things most people can not. I finally found out what it was YEARS ago and was astonished to learn that a lot of people are as highly sensitive as I am.

I am an empath.

Being an empath is when you are affected by other people’s energies, and have an innate ability to intuitively feel and perceive others.  Your life is unconsciously influenced by others’ desires, wishes, thoughts, and moods.  Being an empath is much more than being highly sensitive and it’s not just limited to emotions.  Empaths can perceive physical sensitivities and spiritual urges, as well as just knowing the motivations and intentions of other people.  You either are an empath or you aren’t.  It’s not a trait that is learned.

When I feel things... I feel them deeply. When I read a book or watch a movie, I can usually feel every ounce of emotion the author/director meant for the reader/watcher to feel... anger, hatred, sadness, happiness, romance, scared.... all emotions and it isn't an easy thing to be.

Being an empath is very hard because you feel so many things at once and you have to learn to control it so you don't become a basket case. The feelings and things you sense can sometimes be OVERWHELMING. Being in public places is the worst because of all the overwhelming sensations you can experience as an empath which is why lots of empaths AVOID large crowds.

An empath will just know things. They can't explain why or how they know it... they just DO!

Sometimes watching something or reading something that is harsh, heartbreaking, or tragic will trigger an empath into depression.

Empaths can sense someone lying to them. Not just by the way they act but the words they say and the intuition of the empath can detect a liar.

An empath can experience sympathy pains... and what I mean by that is if someone they care about is sick or hurt they can often experience the same symptoms as if they are trying to carry some of the person they care about's illness to ease it.

If an empath doesn't "ground" themselves they can often experience headaches, back pain, and digestive disorders.

Empaths always look and side with the person who is considered the UNDERDOG. Anyone being bullied or treated unfairly will always have an empath who will back them up 100% because they feel what the person who is being tormented feels.

Most people will unload problems onto empaths. People even strangers find it easy to talk to and confide in an empath because they are so in tune with what a person needs to feel during times of emotional distress.

Empaths are ALWAYS tired. Empaths experience emotional drain so much that it takes its toll on them physically as well.

Empaths are drawn to the supernatural and strange.

Most empaths are EXTREMELY creative in writing, drawing, art and/or music.

Empaths are drawn to nature and animals.

You can find most empaths LOVE solitude. They find comfort in being able to be alone to center themselves and relax.

If something is boring or not stimulating an empath, you will find that they are distracted by something else.

Empaths can not do something if they don't feel it's "in tune" with how they feel or what they believe in. Most empaths will not do things they don't enjoy doing.

Empaths are truth seekers, Constantly learning and seeking knowledge,

Empaths are Free Spirits.

Anything out of order to an empath will make them feel weighed down.

An empath is always a daydreamer and most have very over active imaginations.

Rules are NOT for an empath. They do NOT like to be told what to do and WILL rebel. Most feel like it is poisoning them.

Can carry weight without having to overeat. The weight is like a form of protection from negative energies. To an empath who has lots of weight, it blocks the path of things and limits their impact on the empath.

Empaths make GREAT listeners because they GENERALLY CARE.

Narcissism makes an empath SICK. Even though an empath is very tolerant of others, a person who is egotistical will drive an empath absolutely insane.

Empaths feel weather, days, times, months, years. For example... sometimes I will have a feeling like it's Monday or Friday... I seldom look at a calendar.

Some empaths won't buy second hand because they feel that the energies of the previous owners could PERVERT them in some way. Me? Well I don't mind second hand but if I have a strange feeling about anything I am going to consider buying I WILL pass on it.

Some empaths feel energies from foods so they can't eat meat. I eat meat. I can feel the energies but I look at it this way... It's the Circle of Life.... the law of nature. I thank each animal for their sacrifice to help me ... I honor them.

Empaths often appear shy, disconnected... some people even say they are stuck up or angry. People don't understand how hard it is for an empath. Usually in a social setting they will remain quiet and observe more than interact.


This is me. It has been since I was a small child. I used to think I was some kind of "alien" but I am glad to have learned long ago that I am NOT alone... that there are MANY empaths in this world and we all have these gifts.

I am thankful I am such a being.

5 comments:

  1. this can also lead to feeling their pain and misery... and can even indicate a bit of "Psychic Vampire"...
    a great day to you and yours, good Lady Martha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that too. People can ALWAYS twist being an EMPATH to play on other people's emotions to benefit themselves. That is really a horrible thing to do and I think people who are empaths should always tread carefully with how they handle every situation and every person. Using it to manipulate people is a sign of a coward.
      Thanks for stopping by Dear Doctor.... always a pleasure to see you.

      Delete
  2. I have been told I am an empath. I think being an empath is different for different people, depending on your personality and your age. I think I have grown into it. With age comes wisdom. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most empaths are old souls... I haven't met one of us yet that isn't. We grow up before our time and feel lots of things many people don't understand. With age, comes wisdom... and we learn to handle our gifts differently because of our life experiences. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. This makes a great deal of sense to me, I can easily relate.

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.