Tuesday

Wednesday Hodgepodge

http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/

1. Setting aside the real March Madness (NCAA Basketball) describe something happening at your house this month that might earn the title 'March Madness'? Well during this month Erin and I get SUPER excited because we are less than 13 days from WRESTLEMANIA... this is a tradition every year... so we get kinda even MORE mad about WWE during that time.

2. What's a favorite made up word from your childhood or a favorite from your children's childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there's a story behind the origin please share. Fudpucker ... My dad (rest his soul) used to call me that to tease me. I don't know where he got the name but he would call me that and me being the little SASSY ass I was... I would put my hands on my hips and say "Daddy don't call me that". I miss you daddy.

3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick (under one hour) spring cleaning tasks. They were-

clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don't get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets

Of the fifteen 'quick' tasks listed which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them?

I don't need to do a lot of spring cleaning cause I am not as militant as my Mom's Mom (whom I called Mama Ruby) her floors and all were so clean you could eat off them. I clean but I don't really get that detailed. I do things as they need to be done.

4. A favorite movie set in Paris or New York? American Werewolf in Paris is awesome. Lots of people didn't like it but I did.

5. What's put a spring in your step this month? My friend Amy struck again and bought me a months worth of kitty food so I was super happy about that.

6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not? I was a teacher. A music teacher. Sadly, most music programs are being PULLED from schools due to lack of funding or some schools just wanting all the funding to go to athletics instead of music which has been PROVEN to make children SMARTER.

7.  What's your favorite floral scent? Do you have this somewhere in your home or maybe in a perfume? How do you feel about florals in food? How about wines with floral notes-yay or nay? I actually can't get around a lot of smelly stuff because of my asthma and allergies. I seem to be ok when I have a timed sprayer ... and I usually either do a Hawaiian mixture smell or Cherry Blossoms.

8. Insert your own random thought here. My head hurts. Why is it when I put my long hair up even in a loose ponytail I get a freaking headache?

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a good family and have a really good friend. Those are true blessings. And truly wonderful, too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a good family with just me, mom, and dad... sadly it's just me. I am the last of my kind. I do have great friends now. Most of which are online but still... they are the best.

      Delete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.