Wednesday

Wednesday Hodgepodge


http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/


1. 'Slow and steady wins the race'...tell us about a time this was true in your own life.
Well I think it was when I needed to recover from my heart attack. Taking everything slow and one step at a time helped me in more ways than one. You can't just RUSH into everyday life again after something that tramatic. You have to just do what you can as you can... and not over do it. I think I learned a lot by having a heart attack. Sometimes slow is best.

2. 'As slow as molasses'...Do you like molasses? How about maple syrup? Caramel? Butterscotch? What's your favorite of the slow moving treats mentioned here, and what's your favorite food made with that sweet treat?
I am not a fan of molasses. I do like maple syrup on pancakes (esp. blueberry ones). As for caramel I tend to eat it in a snickers or if I really want one I get the NIPS that have the chocolate on the inside. MMMMMMmmmmmm. And... I ADORE butterscotch but sadly I can't eat too much of it because I made myself sick off it as a child and it sometimes makes my tummy do bad bad things.

3. Your favorite slow song?
Oh lord you ask the IMPOSSIBLE. How can I name just ONE?!?!?!

Ok I will do my top 5 how bow dah?

1. Broken Wings by Mister Mister
2. Time after Time by Cyndi Lauper
3. Snuff by Slipknot
4. Wicked Games by Chris Issaks and/or Corey Taylor/Slipknot
5. Careless Whisper by George Michael

4. Your favorite thing to make in a slow cooker or crock pot?
Sadly I don't use a slow cooker or crock pot. I have in the past. I used to love to make meatballs in it.

5. 'You may delay, but time will not.'~Benjamin Franklin  Are you more a hurrier or a delayer when it comes to unpleasant tasks that need doing? What are you currently either delaying or hurrying to get through this week or month?
I procrastinate. I like to put things off till I can't take it anymore. However there is a side of me that is kinda OCD about things that NEED to be done RIGHT NOW and I try to get those done as quickly as possible because I know if I delay one time.. it's over.

6. Tell us three things you encounter regularly or even just occasionally that you find to be annoyingly slow.
* Traffic. OH LORD People if it says 60 miles an hour you can do 65 and please don't ride in the very LEFT lane on the interstate if you are going 40... what the hell?
* Release dates for movies. With as much technology that is out there... how come it takes so long for us to get some DVDs/BluRays?
* Grocery Check out Lines at Wal-Mart (aka Hell on Earth). This is why I do SELF CHECK OUT now and work my damn ass off. Cashiers are RUDE and slow and half the time they crush stuff that is sensitive and when I get home I find crushed bread or tomatoes... seriously, rather just do it my self.

7. March is National Craft Month. Are you crafty? Tell us about something crafty you'll try in the next thirty one days. Or something crafty you'd like to try or wish you had the skill to  make happen.
Mom and I used to paint Ceramics. She owned her own business where she taught it. We would do that all the time. Sadly I don't do it anymore. I also used to make my own dreamcatchers but I stopped due to lack of interest.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I was watching a random youtube video about gaming (overwatch) and I think the guy was irish but he said "UDDER" instead of "OTHER". I find sometimes Finn Balor (a WWE Wrestler) does this too. I think it might be an irish thing but it is freaking ADORABLE and FUNNY!

2 comments:

  1. There's a Wal-Mart that is known in our county has having perennial slow cashiers. It's like nothing I've ever seen. Almost as if they are in slow motion. Forgot about Careless Whisper. That's a great song! Ceramics would be a relaxing and fun way to do something creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is about WAL-MART if it isn't slow cashiers it's the fact that I go in there and they are out of what I want.

      Careless Whisper is a great song.

      Ceramics were fun but since Mom's death I just don't want to do it without her. It's just not the same. Sadly.

      Thanks for visiting and commenting!!!!

      Delete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.