Sunday

Saturday 9

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

Saturday 9: The Heat of the Moment (1982)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) What's something you did or said "in the heat of the moment?" I told my teacher he was a bad man because he made it where I couldn't do something that effected my senior year.

2) Asia's founder and bass player, John Wetton, passed away in January. One of his bandmates remembered him as a reliable performer who made everyone around him look better. Do you enjoy being the center of attention? Or would you, like Mr. Wetton, prefer to play a supporting role? I prefer to not be in the spotlight.... not any more. I (being a musician and performer) have many times been in plays, playing an instrument, or singing on stage in the spotlight but I am a very private person who likes to be out of the view of others.

3) Asia is a British band who played their first US concert at Clarkson University in Potsdam, New York. The nearest major city -- Ottawa, Canada -- is a 90-minute drive from Pottsdam. When you were last in the car for an hour or more? Where were you going? I was last in a car for an hour or more when Erin and I went to his family's for Thanksgiving 2 years ago and it was a couple of hour drive. Before that I went to Selma, Alabama to bury my father in December of 2013 and that is a four hour drive.

4) The song refers to disco hot spots, which apparently, by 1982, no one wanted to go to anymore. Let's make that negative into a positive. Describe your perfect night out with friends. Where would you go? I don't do the NIGHT OUT thing anymore. I'd rather be at home watching or playing something.

5) In 1982, the year this song was popular, someone laced bottles of Tylenol with cyanide. That's why we now have tamper-proof caps on many products. Have you used anything in a tamper-proof bottle yet today?  I have all kinds of things around the house that have those tamper proof caps and such on them. It's become a staple in society. But a clever person could get around that tamper proof... just saying.

6) In 1982, Time Magazine's Person of the Year wasn't a person at all, it was "the computer." What do you use your computer for most often? BLOGGING

7) 1982 also saw the premiere of The Weather Channel. Where do you learn the day's weather forecast? (Watching the local news on TV, checking your phone, looking out the window ...) I have an app on my phone that updates me regularly.

8) In 1982, Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie, Conan the Barbarian, was a hit in theaters. When you settle down to watch a movie, is it usually a fantasy, like Conan? Or do you prefer another genre (action, comedy, adventure, romance, drama, classic ...) I prefer HORROR but I love Sci-Fi and Fantasy too. I will watch any and everything but war movies .... they just get to me.
  
9) Random question: What is something you try to avoid? ANGER. I have tried to avoid being angry a lot more lately and am doing rather well. Proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.