Saturday

Saturday 9




Saturday 9: Along Again, Naturally (1971)

Not familiar with this week's song? Hear it here.


1. Friday was St. Patrick's Day, March 17th! Did you celebrate with green beer or a green milkshake? Nope I didn't.

2. Did you remember to wear green? Nope. I didn't go anywhere anyway.

3.  What color do you look best in? BLACK

4. This week's featured artist, Gilbert O'Sullivan, was born in Waterford, Ireland. Waterford is famous for Waterford Crystal. Do you have glassware that you save for special occasions? Nope all that got left behind in moves sadly.

5. This week's featured song includes the line, "To think that only yesterday I was cheerful, bright and gay." How were you feeling yesterday? Tired. Worn out.

6. It begins with reference to a wedding that didn't quite come off because the bride left the groom at the altar. When were you most recently at church? Was it for a holiday service, a regularly scheduled service, a special event (a wedding or baptism)? I haven't been to a church for a religious service since 1999 and the last time I was sitting in an actual church was for my ex's friends wedding which was a brief 10 minutes of WASTED time.

7. In 1971, when this song was popular, Malibu Barbie was a big seller for Mattel. This doll had a perpetual tan. For a human to achieve this, a tanning bed or self tanner is usually required. Have you used either method to give yourself a tan? I did tanning beds a couple of times when I was younger but my insides felt funny so I stopped. Mom used to buy self tan that you apply from a creme and we did that. Usually though, I don't care to have a tan because I am naturally pale ... so when I go swimming in the summer I burn not tan.

8. In March, 1971, James Taylor appeared on the cover of TIME magazine. What's your favorite James Taylor song? Rainy Day Man ... I used to love this one for some strange reason.

9. Random Question: What word or phrase do you hear yourself saying too often? I say "Fuck" a lot but that is just because someone once told me not to say it all the time then it became a staple in my speech. I quote a lot of movies and things I hear on WWE all the time though.

6 comments:

  1. I'm big on movie quotes, too! Lately I've been using this one from Caddyshack a lot: "So I got that goin' for me. Which is nice."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movie quotes are great. My old blog was named after one "I carried a watermelon" from Dirty Dancing.

    My mom and I used to love wrestling. We went once when I was in college to see a big event in Pittsburgh. Made my day getting to see Jimmy "Superfly" Snooka, Andre the Giant, Rowdy Roddy Piper and the rest. (Really dated myself with those names, didn't I?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also burn rather than tan, so I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way black looks on me too.
    I also agree with you on that 'legit scared' thing from your other post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am "legit scared," too. I see from your sidebar that you're playing Skyrim. That is my favorite game. I gave it up for a few months but I suppose I will soon go back and start a new character, though I am considering Fallout 4. Not a fan of guns, though, so still thinking on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to wear black,too. As I got older, I moved into the gray and white crowd.

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.