Thursday

Saturday 9: Magic (1980)


http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

1) This 1980 video depicts Olivia Newton-John as a performer in small club. For the past few years, she's been performing regularly at the Flamingo in Las Vegas. Have you ever been to Las Vegas?
No I have always wanted to go but I am a very POOR person. If I had some extra cash I would love to go and see if I could win anything plus see some of those Vegas shows... it would be so much fun.

2) Many tourists who want to get away from the glitz of Vegas travel less than 20 miles to visit Red Rock Canyon. This national park is known for its hiking trails, which provide a view of the desert flora and red rock peaks. Tell us about a time you were impressed by natural beauty.
When last year I went swimming at Chickasabogue State Park ... I took this picture... the beach is awesome and it's quiet out there. Perfect for floating around and enjoy a lazy day.



3) One of the best-reviewed restaurants in Las Vegas is Andiamo Italian Steak House. When you order a steak, how do you request it be cooked: rare, medium rare, medium, medium well or well done?
I love my steak medium well... I don't mind medium but I HATE rare and well done. mmmm steak.

4) Olivia Newton-John's father was an officer in MI5, the UK's secret service. Sam's most recent encounter with the law didn't have much drama or intrigue: she asked a cop for directions to the highway. Tell us about the last time you spoke to an officer of the law.
I think it was about last year when someone stole gas out of my car breaking into my gas tank and breaking the gas cap.

5) ONJ was awarded the OBE -- Order of the British Empire -- by Queen Elizabeth in honor of her contributions to the arts. Here's your opportunity to boast. What is something you've done lately that you received praise for?
I get praised for being strong all the time. I share my stories of what happened to me in my abusive marriages and it inspires others I guess.

6) A breast cancer survivor, Olivia helped found a cancer center in her hometown of Melbourne, Australia. When you think of Australia, what comes to mind?
The Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin. I sure do miss him. His love for animals was contagious and it was a huge loss to animal lovers EVERYWHERE when he was taken too soon.

7) "Magic" was one of the top-selling records of 1980. Also that year, Post-It notes debuted. Do you enjoy shopping for office supplies, or do you consider it a chore?
I don't buy many office supplies because I hardly ever use anything. I buy little notepads more than anything because they are easy to put into my purse so I can jot down a list or a song lyric or an idea... but it is NEVER a chore to shop for anything.

8) In 1980, the NASA space probe returned the first photos of Saturn back to earth. Do you believe intelligent life forms from other planets are  trying to learn more about us?
It would be ignorant of mankind to believe he is the only one in this universe. I do believe there is something else out there. I bet they all shake their head at the stupidity they see in humans.

9) Random question: Are you more confident in your looks or your intelligence?
I don't consider myself attractive but I don't think I am ugly either. I do know things about stuff (LOL) but I don't claim to be super intelligent. I am great at remembering things. I am a good source for lyrics, music/movie/game/misc trivia. I am playing WORD CHUMS and trying to make myself a little smarter... I think it's working.

5 comments:

  1. Steve Irwin's death was such a shock! I think my husband and I enjoyed watching him more than the kids did. Bindi was adorable and inspiring when she was on Dancing with the Stars. I'm sure Steve would have been proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you can use those bad marriages to help others. It's awesome that you were able to move on from them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you have moved forward in your life. We agree on #8, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Steve Irwin's son on Jimmy Fallon recently and he is so much like his dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #8 answer, I'm with you.
    Moving on and living a life on your own terms, despite handicaps, is an amazing feat.
    Reaching out and Inspiring others, is a path to peace.

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.