Thursday

Saturday 9



Saturday 9: Love Yourself (2015)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) In this song, Justin sings that he doesn't like to admit he's wrong. When did you most recently cop to a mistake? Today. I always admit mine because it's good to show your true self weaknesses/mistakes and all.

2) He also complains that his girl doesn't like his friends. Who is someone that you've met recently and liked? I haven't met anyone recently because I stay at home all the time. I meet people online... I really wish I had more friends.

3) Justin first performed this song live on The Ellen Degeneres Show. Who is your favorite talk show host? I like ELLEN she is really a pure, loving soul who has SO much fun.

4) Young Mr. Bieber recently had his credit card rejected ... at a Subway Sandwich Shop. Think about your last trip to a fast food restaurant. Did you pay with cash or plastic or your phone? Plastic. It was for a Mocha Frappe
  
Even though we're featuring a lack-of-love song, this is the last Saturday  9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday. 

5) In Victorian England, it was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine. Have you ever received an anonymous card from a secret admirer? A couple of times when I was a young girl. Never did find out who sent them.

6) Retailers report that approximately 3% of pet owners buy Valentines for their furry friends. Have you ever purchased a gift for a pet on a special occasion? I buy my pets a huge stocking full of goodies for Christmas usually that is it but this year I saw a PINK stocking full of PINK toys so I bought it and put it away for Valentine's Day.

7) It was once believed that if a maiden ate a heavy meal before bed on February 13, her dreams that night would reveal the identity of the man she would eventually marry. Do you find that eating too close to bedtime disrupts your sleep? Not really. I am not one who usually eats then automatically goes to bed. I tend to wait at least an hour.

8) The postmaster in Verona, Italy, reports that Shakespeare's Juliet Capulet still receives love letters. Without looking it up, can you give us a quote from Romeo and Juliet? I love the line "Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again."
  
9) Necco's Sweethearts -- those little candy hearts that say things like "Be Mine" -- are Valentine Day's top-selling confection. Sam never could stand eating these candies. Do you like them? Nope. They really taste chalky to me.

6 comments:

  1. Ellen really does enjoy life to the fullest, doesn't she?

    I agree about the Necco hearts. Might as well eat chalk. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every week I have a favorite question and this year it's the R&J quotes. I really am enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen is really fun to watch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every year I get a few unsigned valentines--that's the beauty of being a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Online friends do care about each other. Everyone has a page in my head.
    Yes, the little hearts are chalky, but the sayings are so evocative. I like them more as craft items or to sprinkle all over my hubby's keyboard late at night on Valentine's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your Shakespeare quote. Good one!

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.