Saturday

Saturday 9: Some Guys Have All the Luck (1984)

Saturday 9: 
Some Guys Have All the Luck (1984)


1) Do you consider yourself lucky? Yes I am very lucky... I noticed it when I was very young that I would win things and get things most people didn't.

2) When did you last risk money in a game of chance (lottery, raffle ticket, slot machine, etc.)? How did you do? I won. I won BIG. I bet $1000 dollars and I won $5000.

3)  There's a major football game this weekend. Will you be watching? Do you have any money riding on the outcome?   No, since my parents died in 2013 I just can't watch football because I get sad knowing they loved it so much and they are not here to enjoy it.

4) The composer of this song, Jeff Fortgang, is an interesting guy who's had two disparate careers: first pop musician, then Yale-educated clinical psychologist. It's possible that many of the patients who see him for help with anxiety or depression have no idea that he wrote this song. What's something your coworkers (or, if you're not working, casual friends) would be surprised to know about you? I don't work ... but my friends (what little I have) would be surprised to know that I hated being in Marching Band.... yea, I never wanted to do it but felt it was the only thing I COULD do because I wasn't exceptionally smart or pretty enough to be a cheerleader.

5) Similarly, fans are often surprised to learn that this week's featured artist, Rod Stewart, is a history buff who loves reading about WWII. Is there a period of time or historic event that has captured your interest?  Yea I know a lot about the Civil War and a lot about Ancient Rome, Greece, & Egypt.

6) Rod met his current wife as the result of a dare. Penny Lancaster, then in her 20s, spotted the decades-older celebrity in a bar and only approached him because her friends bet her she didn't have the guts to talk to him. Are you, like Penny, vulnerable to peer pressure? Can your friends talk you into doing things you might not otherwise do? No I don't do all that anymore. I stay away from pressure.

7) Rod vividly recalls being 11 years old and going to see  Little Richard perform in a film comedy called The Girl Can't Help It. When you were a kid, did you enjoy going to the movies? What do you recall seeing?  I loved going to the movies. I'd go to matinees and see great movies like Lion King, Mortal Kombat, Interview with the Vampire.

8) The lyrics tell of when Rod's car overheats and he calls a friend, who doesn't come through. Tell us about a time recently when you were there and helped a buddy out. I don't have friends that ask me for help... I am always the one asking for help. But I would do anything to help those who need it... I always help strangers and give money to people who need it ... when I have to give which is seldom.

9) The lyrics mention that "some guys do nothing but complain." Who do you know who is like that? Do you have a friend, relative or coworker who just always seems to find fault? I used to be like that actually. I'd be so negative that I couldn't even stand myself. I turned it around because life isn't meant to be lived looking back or looking down.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your answer to #9. So wise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rome, Greece, and Egypt are all fascinating. I'd love to visit if the world wasn't such a dangerous place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always wanted to go to Egypt, Rome, and Greece. You are right, the world is TOO dangerous and expensive.

      Delete
  3. I just wanted to hug you for many reasons, but #9 was truly an inspiration. Yes, very wise indeed. I love Greek History and Egypt's, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I welcome all hugs ;)

      I am majorly into mythology and I just love Egypt because it has EVERYTHING mystical surrounding it.

      Delete
  4. I was in marching band and was not particularly fond of it, either. You had to be in the marching band to be *in* band class. I loved to play the flute, but not the marching part. With you on that one! #9 was a good answer - I have trouble seeing the glass half full.

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.