Saturday

Saturday 9: I'll Be There


http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

Saturday 9: I'll Be There (1992) 
By Mariah Carey


1) In this song, Mariah pledges to "have faith in all you do." Have you recently given someone support or a pep talk? I always give Erin a pep talk ... he's very special to me and lost both his legs. I let him know that it is ok to be sad but not ok to give up.

2) Mariah was at the center of a controversy in Times Square on New Year's Eve when she had audio problems and claimed she could not perform. Times Square is at the busy intersection of Broadway and 7th Avenue. If we went to the busy intersection nearest your home, what would we find? (A store? A church? McDonald's?) The traffic all around MOBILE, ALABAMA is a horrid thing especially on Airport Blvd. is always a bitch to travel down no matter what time of day.

3) Her nickname in high school was Mirage because she cut school so often. Did you ever play hookey? Only a couple of times but I usually was sick a lot anyway.

4) Mariah doesn't apologize for spoiling her dogs, who have been known to travel by limo. Do you know anyone who treats his/her pets like people? I treat my kitties like people because they are better than most people I know. I respect them. I provide for them. They are my best little furry butthole friends. lol.

5) Mariah has something to fall back on. She studied cosmetology and worked as a hair sweeper in a salon. When you get your hair cut, do you socialize with the stylist?  I don't cut my hair. When my Mom made me shave her head after starting Chemo because of lung cancer I swore to her I would NEVER cut my hair again... and I don't.

6) When married to her first husband, Mariah went vegetarian. Tell us about last night's dinner. Would it qualify as a vegetarian meal? NO WAY Chimichangas are meat, beans, and yummy goodness.

7) This week's song was introduced by The Jackson 5. Think of your favorite Michael Jackson song. Did he record it solo or with his brothers? Thriller was off his solo album Thriller. He had a few duets on there "The Girl is Mine" with Paul McCartney and "Thriller" had the rap with Vincent Price.

8) In 1992, when this song was popular, The Mall of America opened. Located in Minnesota, it's the biggest mall in the nation, with more than 400 stores. Think about the last thing you purchased. Were you shopping out of necessity, or for fun? Usually I don't shop for fun because of limited funds.

9) Have you ever shoplifted? (Don't worry. We won't tell.) When I was little I stole a hershey kiss from a store and Mom made me take it back. I didn't know any better.

12 comments:

  1. I didn't answer with Thriller, but that would be my second favorite. I always loved that he had Vincent Price in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vincent Price was my first love... I am only 39 but I knew the moment I saw House on Haunted Hill that he was the man I loved. LOL. 3 year olds huh? Anyway, when he did Thriller, I was hooked. I would listen for HOURS. I know that rap and even the parts that were cut... and there are 2 verses that were cut.

      Thanks for visiting. XOXO

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I just was raised to respect life from the smallest to the largest. Thanks for visiting. XOXO

      Delete
  3. That would make me not want to cut my hair too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOm always loved my hair long and she would sit and comb it for hours. When I cut it then came home she would comb my hair and say "I wish you still had it long". My ex hated long hair. So when Mom was sick and I had to shave her head, I swore to her I'd NEVER cut it again. Now I can sit on it. Thanks for visiting. XOXO

      Delete
  4. I would have had the opposite reaction to not cutting hair--I would have shaved it off, too. But I have baby fine hair that wouldn't look good long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I told Mom I wanted to shave mine and she got FURIOUS at me. Made me swear not to do that. So I did then I told her I'd go one better, if she couldn't have hair ever again and since she always loved mine long anyway, I'd never cut mine again. And I haven't. Now I can sit on it.

      Thanks for visiting. XOXO

      Delete
  5. Agree with #4, sending you hugs!
    Also, I was pretty small when I took the candy, kindergarten age. And, I'll never forget my mother's face.
    You must have beautiful, long hair now. And your answer about pep talks was wonderfully wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words. My cats are my family now since mine abandoned me and Mom & Dad are dead. I remember my Mom's face when I stole a hershey kiss... she turned me around, walked me back inside, and made me apologize. I cried. Hard lesson learned thankfully early in life.

      Thanks for visiting. XOXO

      Delete
  6. How long is your hair now? My husband loves long hair but I keep mine short because it is so hard to keep up. But I can certainly empathize with your reasoning for no hair cuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can sit on my hair now... when i stopped cutting it was around June of 2012 and I haven't cut it since. It's sometimes bothersome but I can manage it fairly well. Various hair scrunchies and styles help out but sometimes I just like it down.

      Thanks for visiting. XOXO

      Delete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.