Saturday 9: I'll Be There
Saturday 9: I'll Be There (1992)
By Mariah Carey
1) In this song, Mariah pledges to "have faith in all you do." Have you recently given someone support or a pep talk? I always give Erin a pep talk ... he's very special to me and lost both his legs. I let him know that it is ok to be sad but not ok to give up.
2) Mariah was at the center of a controversy in Times Square on New Year's Eve when she had audio problems and claimed she could not perform. Times Square is at the busy intersection of Broadway and 7th Avenue. If we went to the busy intersection nearest your home, what would we find? (A store? A church? McDonald's?) The traffic all around MOBILE, ALABAMA is a horrid thing especially on Airport Blvd. is always a bitch to travel down no matter what time of day.
3) Her nickname in high school was Mirage because she cut school so often. Did you ever play hookey? Only a couple of times but I usually was sick a lot anyway.
4) Mariah doesn't apologize for spoiling her dogs, who have been known to travel by limo. Do you know anyone who treats his/her pets like people? I treat my kitties like people because they are better than most people I know. I respect them. I provide for them. They are my best little furry butthole friends. lol.
5) Mariah has something to fall back on. She studied cosmetology and worked as a hair sweeper in a salon. When you get your hair cut, do you socialize with the stylist? I don't cut my hair. When my Mom made me shave her head after starting Chemo because of lung cancer I swore to her I would NEVER cut my hair again... and I don't.
6) When married to her first husband, Mariah went vegetarian. Tell us about last night's dinner. Would it qualify as a vegetarian meal? NO WAY Chimichangas are meat, beans, and yummy goodness.
7) This week's song was introduced by The Jackson 5. Think of your favorite Michael Jackson song. Did he record it solo or with his brothers? Thriller was off his solo album Thriller. He had a few duets on there "The Girl is Mine" with Paul McCartney and "Thriller" had the rap with Vincent Price.
8) In 1992, when this song was popular, The Mall of America opened. Located in Minnesota, it's the biggest mall in the nation, with more than 400 stores. Think about the last thing you purchased. Were you shopping out of necessity, or for fun? Usually I don't shop for fun because of limited funds.
9) Have you ever shoplifted? (Don't worry. We won't tell.) When I was little I stole a hershey kiss from a store and Mom made me take it back. I didn't know any better.