Saturday

ONE WORD 365 : RELEASE - Forgiveness





My word is RELEASE.







I decided I was tired of holding grudges and dwelling on it...
I am tired of letting other people have power over my life.

If you hate them you have to have loved them first...
and that is a bad pain when someone who you loved 
hurts you, It feels like the ultimate betrayal. 

But if you continue to hold the grudge and harbor those
feelings of hate... it will eat you alive inside.

YOU DESERVE PEACE.

Don't let those who hurt you have power over you even in their 
absence. Take your power back. Forgive them. 

Forgiving them does NOT mean they are welcomed back into your
life... it just means you are letting the bad things go and moving on.
It's the final act to peace in conflict.

LET IT GO.
LET THEM GO.

FORGIVE.


I deserve peace after all these years.
I refuse to spend my final years of life 
harboring feelings that hurt me inside.
I am too old for that and too strong.

As a sign of strength...

I forgive those who hurt me...

4 comments:

  1. I am a big believer in forgiveness. It isn't something we necessarily feel, but something we can choose in spite of how we feel, to get that release from anger and that hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's is so true. Sometimes you have to do it for yourself so you can let go of things that haunt your soul... it eases a burden and makes it less heavy to handle in life.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Excellent! I have been in three abusive marriages before the wonderful one I have now, and I know first-hand how hard it is to forgive, but you are so right, the release that comes with forgiveness is soul-restoring! It takes the burden that has been placed on you and casts it off, leaving you free to live and breathe again. Forgiveness is something we do for ourselves, it's a conscious act that says I won't let you burden my life or steal my joy any longer. Years later, I am able to put those relationships in perspective and they don't hurt me anymore. You are wise for having learned to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you've been there too with the abusive marriages? It is hard to forgive after being put through the ringer. But forgiving people so I can be at peace has helped SO VERY much. I look back and see them now SO differently. I might have gone through HELL but I pulled myself out and became stronger from it. No matter what I would NEVER change that because it made me who I am right now.

      Delete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.