Wednesday

Martha's Reviews: WWE 2017 Royal Rumble

Sorry I am late but here it is...

PRE-SHOW
Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James and Natalya
I didn't expect much because women's tag team is kinda boring to me... usually. However, the ladies KNEW how to kick off Royal Rumble Pre-show with a really cool match that had me on my toes. I love that Naomi pinned Alexa Bliss.
Rating: 4/5

PRE-SHOW
Raw Tag Team Championship
Cesaro & Sheamus (c) vs. The Club aka Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
I really dislike the club. Cesaro and Sheamus are finally working well together. Sadly, it wasn't enough to retain and they lost their championships. I do want the tag team titles to rotate around a lot more so I guess this is a good start to that.
Rating: 3/5

PRE-SHOW
Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks
I knew that if this was to work Nia would have to come off like a bad ass and whoop the hell out of Sasha. This match was boring though and I found myself looking at my phone most of the match.
Rating: 2/5

Raw Women’s Championship
Charlotte Flair (c)  vs. Bayley
I was bored a lot because honestly I've seen this fight in NXT before and I know Bayley can win... sadly WWE doesn't think it's her time to win. I am so tired of Charlotte winning.
Rating: 2/5

Raw's WWE Universal Championship
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns
(No Disqualification Match, with Chris Jericho suspended above the ring in a shark cage)
This was AWESOME. I loved Jericho's antics and how he would yell down support to Kevin while Roman Reigns dominated until Braun Strowman showed up and helped out Owens.
Rating: 3/5

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Rich Swann (c) vs. Neville
Neville whooped Swann's ass. Plain and simple. It was a great fast paced match but nothing really to write home about. Neville's new HEEL persona is kinda an ass and I am not really liking it that much.
Rating: 3/5

Smackdown's WWE Championship
AJ Styles (c)  vs. John Cena
This was my match of the night. OMG what an awesome match. I was glued to it from start to finish. I thought AJ had it then I thought John but then it was AJ... and in the end Cena tied Ric Flair to become the 16 time WWE Champion. Way to go Cena.
Rating: 5/5

2017 Royal Rumble
I couldn't predict the winner. I knew some fuckery would happen. Best moment was when #10 ended up being NXT's Tye Dillinger. He was awesome and did such a great job. #5 entry in Jack Gallagher from the Cruiserweights was AWESOME. His fun antics in the ring with Jericho made my night. I hope WWE has more exciting things planned for him. I was impressed with Sami Zayn's performance. Braun Strowman eliminated 7 people (Mojo Rawley, Big Cass, Kalisto, Mark Henry, Big Show, James Ellsworth, and Tye Dillinger) before my boy Baron Corbin eliminated him. I think James Ellsworth was a WASTE of an entry at #11. I was shocked that Brock Lesnar was eliminated so quickly by Goldberg. I was PROUD of my Undertaker eliminating 4 guys (Baron Corbin, Goldberg, The Miz, and Sami Zayn) before Roman Reigns eliminated him. I really was pissed Roman was #30. That was a waste right there. He was BOOed by the entire universe. And he fucking almost won it. THANK GOD FOR RANDY ORTON. Congrats Randy on winning the 2017 Royal Rumble and good luck at Wrestlemania.
Rating: 4/5

2017 Royal Rumble Overall Rating:
4/5

Not the best Rumble but some KILLER moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.