Wednesday

In Other Words

In Other Words

sashay
verb: walk in a way to make people notice you, strut, flounce
a sequence of sideways steps in a circle in square dancing
a journey that is taken for pleasure

Write a story or poem of 5 Lines or Less using the word sashay.






For Rupaul.

Strength and Power in the way she presents herself.
Perfection from head to toe, nothing out of place.
Her presence screams elegance, class, and authority.
She sashays down the runway with confidence.
She is beauty personified. 


*******************************************


The dedication to RuPaul is important... 
Why?
Because of her I found a confidence I lacked in life...
her words echoed over and over in my mind...
"If you can't love yourself how in the hell are you gonna love somebody else?"
And then I knew...
I WAS STRONG.
I owe her a lot. 
I love you Ru. Thank you.


4 comments:

  1. RuPaul does know how to sashay! Like what you wrote with such feeling expressed. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with In Other Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs a hero. Sometimes we have to be our own hero. I am glad you found one; I am glad you survived. I am a survivor, too. I connected with your bio and disabled status, both. Hugs. (Yeah, I am a hugger; but, I'm sincere.) I link up for "In Other Words" on Saturdays. I hope you will visit me then.
    Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a powerful witness to the effect our words can have on others. RuPaul was right, we have to find a way to love ourselves, imperfections and all. I am a firm believer that "God doesn't make no junk". We are who we are and what we are for a reason, and there is a way to take that and make it shine as a light to others. Cheers to you for finding your way!

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.