Saturday 9: Brokenhearted
1) This song is about a girl who is eager and anxious for her new lover to call. Do you owe anyone a call? An email? A text? No I don't have any friends and all my family are dead or have abandoned me so I don't email, text, or call anyone.
2) The lyrics are peppered with the informal English exclamation, "cheerio!" What pops into your head when you close your eyes and think of England? I think of castles, elegance.
3) This week's artist, Karmin, is a husband/wife duo who met at college, and that meeting changed the course of their lives and careers. Think of someone who has had a huge impact on your life. Did you know, as soon as you met, that this was going to be a life-changing relationship? Yes .... when I met Erin I knew things had changed. It's been a roller coaster since we met but I wouldn't change anything.
4) Though she sings about consuming tequila, the female side of Karmin, Amy, is a big proponent of healthy eating. She recommends organic foods that are free of pesticides, hormones, food coloring and added sugar. Think about your most recent meal. Was it a good example of "healthy eating?" Nope. I ate french fries and chicken tenders.... I baked them though... so I suppose that is better than FRIED.
5) Husband Nick has his own Twitter account (@NickKarmin), but he doesn't use it often. His last tweet was back in August. What's the last thing you posted to social media? (No, your blog doesn't count.) I post so much I can't remember what the last thing I posted was. My twitter is @monstermartha and my facebook is monstermartha
6) Karmin performed "Brokenhearted" live on Dancing with the Stars. DWTS is very big business for ABC-TV. So many people vote for their favorite couples each week that their phone and text systems often overload. Have you ever voted for a contestant on American Idol, DWTS, The Voice, etc.? On American Idol and the Voice when Mom was alive cause we'd watch it together but NOT since then. That was 2013.
7) In 2012, the year"Brokenhearted" was popular, the average cost for a gallon of gas was $3.91. In 2016, it had dropped to $2.40. When it's time to fill up your tank, do you shop around for the lowest price/gal.? Are you brand loyal and always return to the same station, regardless of price? Or do you just buy gas from the nearest station when you're running low? I shop around. I usually stick to Pilot or Murphy gas. I sometimes will go Exxon if the price is right. I never let my tank get to E.
8) In 2012, the Space Shuttle Endeavor was retired and placed on permanent display at the California Science Center, a Los Angeles museum dedicated to encouraging excitement and enthusiasm about air and space travel. Let's say you had a long weekend to spend in Los Angeles. Would you go out of your way to see The Endeavor? What else would you like to do during your time in the City of Angels? I wouldn't mind seeing the Endeavor if there are other things NEAR it but I would not go out of my way. I would love to see anything Hollywood related... also any beach, aquarium, and zoo.
9) While we're thinking about aviation ... Statistics show that it's still a predominantly male field, and less than 10% of commercial pilots are women. Would you be nervous flying with a woman pilot? not in the least because I do not fly. never have, never will.