Tuesday

Sandbox Writing Challenge #74 — Help!!!

https://promptlings.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/sandbox-writing-challenge-74-help/


What is your worst nightmare???


My worst nightmare actually came true on 7/8/13 when my Mom (who happened to be not only my Mom but my rock, my best friend, my world) passed away from Lung Cancer after finding out only 2 months before she had cancer.

Shortly after that I lost my father on 12/22/13 (only 5 months later) to various cancers some actually from complications of Agent Orange while he served in Vietnam.

For an only child... this was devastating. I never recovered and I doubt I ever will. Sure I have aunts and uncles on both side but not ONE since either parent died has made ONE effort to contact me.

That's all I have to say about that.


Other than the loss of my parents, I don't have nightmares anymore. I am not scared of anything in particular anymore. I lived through most of the bad stuff so I figure I've paid my dues and then some... sure more bad storms are on the horizon but I have weathered WORSE.

BRING IT.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... That's a hard one. You're right. How can things get any worse than losing your whole support system and being left alone. You're one brave girl!

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.