Thursday

When Doves Cry... Goodbye Prince, Nothing Compared 2 U


PRINCE... IS DEAD.
 
 
 
only 57 years old... and now he's gone too soon just like Michael.
 
When I was a little girl the first Prince song I heard was PURPLE RAIN.
I fell in love with that song. I don't know why... maybe it was because
rain is one of my favorite things in the world... maybe it was that I could
tell at a young age that this song was legendary.

 
In the 80's I jumped on the BATMAN train when the original 1989 movie with
Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson came out. I was all about the Batman... of
course, the soundtrack came out WAY before the movie and the entire album was
PRINCE ... and it remains to this day one of my fave soundtracks.
 
Batdance was Prince showing how creative and awesome he truly was...

 
 
 
 
And who could forget Prince being DARING... wearing ASSLESS CHAPS at the 1991
MTV Video awards. Who wasn't talking about that for the rest of the year?!?!

 
Then again... Prince, being the man to go all out, dared defy all
and changed his name to a SYMBOL...


 
One of a Kind... Never duplicated, always original...
Prince was a great artist.
 
Thank you Prince for the years of showing us that you can push
the boundaries and NEVER compromise who you are as an artist OR
a person. Thanks for teaching us to REBEL and be true to ourselves.
Thank you for assless chaps and the batdance.
 
Thank you for the music that moved us and the jams that grooved us.
 
Thank you for being... YOU.
 
This IS what it sounds like When Doves Cry...

 
REST IN PEACE DEAR PRINCE.

1 comment:

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.