Tuesday

Movie Review: Batman vs Superman - Dawn of Justice !! SPOILERS !!


 Synopsis:
It's been nearly two years since Superman's (Henry Cavill) colossal battle with Zod (Michael Shannon) devastated the city of Metropolis. The loss of life and collateral damage left many feeling angry and helpless, including crime-fighting billionaire Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck). Convinced that Superman is now a threat to humanity, Batman embarks on a personal vendetta to end his reign on Earth, while the conniving Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) launches his own crusade against the Man of Steel.
 
 

If you have NOT seen the movie...
proceed ONLY if you want to
because I will spoil it for you,
otherwise just pass this one up folks.
 
If you are wondering what I've rated it...
Here it is for those who want NO spoilers.
 
Is it worth seeing?
YES
 
Is it for a Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman Fan?
YES YES YES
 
Were the Critics right?
NO
 
See for yourself.
It is SO worth it.
 
Martha's Rating:
5 out of 5
 
 
 
FOR MY IN DEPTH THOUGHTS
ON MOMENTS IN THE FILM PROCEED
PAST THIS MOMENT...
 
SPOILERS AHEAD
 
 



OK ONCE AGAIN
BEFORE I PROCEED...
SPOILERS ARE BELOW.
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
 
 
MARTHA'S THOUGHTS:
 
OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!
 
Ok.
Breathe.
 
One thing at a time Martha.
One thing at a time.
 
 
Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.
BRILLIANT.
Obsessed with showing that Superman COULD be corrupted.
Awesome way to portray an iconic villain.
Kudos.
 
Jason Mamosa as Aquaman
Only in it for a brief moment but DAMN that moment.
I am willing to believe Aquaman will be good thanks to this man.
 
The creation of CYBORG
seen on a file ...
Wow, just like I thought it'd go.
Awesome.

The Flash warning Batman about the future.
AWESOME!!!!
 
Henry Cavill
He IS Superman.
Never has a man (Since Reeves) looked MORE the part.
I love him. Awesome job.
 
Ben Affleck.
They said he'd bomb it out like Daredevil.
They were wrong.
BEST BATMAN SINCE KEATON!
KUDOS TO AFFLECK.
 
GAL GADOT
OMG. I am so proud,.
My Childhood Hero is on screen for the FIRST TIME.
I cried. I sobbed. I was so a mess.
Gal did SUCH an AMAZING job as Wonder Woman.
BRAVO!


The fight between both Superman and Batman was awesome.
Had me on my toes for the majority of it.
Well done.


DOOMSDAY...
the only thing that has EVER killed Superman and he does in this
movie too. Of course, we all know Superman isn't REALLY dead.

Critics went crazy and said this was a BOMB of a movie.
FANS... say different.
 
 
My thoughts are simply this.

Yes it was dark.
But it is supposed to be.
The Dark Knight Trilogy was DARK.
 
Yes, it takes a while for the story to take off.
But all good stories are WORTH the waiting...
and this one was.
 
I had no objections to anything I saw at all.
Well except Amy Adams...
I don't care for her and all her Lois Lane/Superman
interactions... just... ick. really.
But I can even endure that for a decent Batman
and finally a Wonder Woman.
 
The Justice League Movie is looking UP people. I am excited.
 
Now for those of you comparing this movie to anything Marvel...
Let me remind you this is DC. DC universe is darker than Marvel.
Marvel has always been more light-hearted in most areas.
Sure, they do get serious from time to time... but DC is known for
being ULTRA serious and dark 99.9% of the time where as Marvel
can kick back, kick ass, and throw some fun in there (example: DEADPOOL).
 
So ease off people...
Not every DC movie will be for everyone
Not every MARVEL movie will be for everyone.
 
What matters is that in this day and age our HEROES have SURVIVED to make it to the big screen.
What a GLORIOUS thing to live to see... isn't it?!?!
 
I mean, could you imagine 20 years ago
seeing BATMAN VS SUPERMAN?!?!
I sure as hell couldn't. I was begging for Freddy vs Jason to happen.
 
So please, try to enjoy these movies for what they are...
don't pick them apart like pieces of meat...
support them so we can have MORE of them.
 
So what if they stray some from stories...
you can't have EVERYTHING in the movies.
That would be insane amounts of material and it would
weigh it down... have fun with what we have...
be GLAD for what we have cause we could be
stuck with worse and/or NOTHING.
 
With that said...
 
BATMAN vs SUPERMAN ROCKED!
 
I can't wait for Justice League, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman!
 
 
 

1 comment:

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.