Tuesday

Body (Fat) Shaming is WRONG

As a woman who is ALWAYS struggling with my weight due to health issues, I get FAT SHAMED a lot. To the point that it has made me a recluse. It's hard to fit into society's stereotypical FEMALE body. You either are too thin or too fat. Either way you are SHAMED. Probably more so for fat because when I was really thin, I heard not a peep out of a soul... yet now that I am overweight I hear "Aren't you ashamed of yourself"? "Why don't you exercise?" "You need to eat less". Look... I am an asthmatic with a heart condition who still busts her ass when she needs to. I am NOT ashamed of myself most days until someone DOES fat shame me. I don't OVER EAT. Hell, I am lucky if I eat one meal a fucking day.
 
Fat shaming needs to stop. Let a person be who they are. Like/Love them for their heart and soul not for their body and weight. Everyone needs love and friendship... don't turn someone away who needs you. You are missing out on someone truly SPECIAL.
 
Me in 1996 (with my late mother)
 
Me in 2000 (Married and MISERABLE)
 
Me in 2012 right after my massive heart attack (with my late mother)
 
ME TODAY (by no means perfect, thin, or normal)
 
 
Inspired by the article on GIRLS GONE STRONG

1 comment:

  1. SPEAK ON. I THINK YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, JUST THE WAY YOU ARE.

    ReplyDelete

SHOW SOME LOVE!!!! Comments are appreciate and welcomed. Please be respectful.