1. Link back to the person who nominated you
2. Answer these questions with words AND music
3. Pass the award to 5 bloggers who inspire you with posts about music
4. Tag your post with #MWA, for Music & Words Award so that we can all find you down the line.
5. Quote these 5 steps and the award icon in your post. You can display the icon on your sidebar as well.
The person who sent me this sent it via Facebook and her facebook is PRIVATE so she asked me NOT to link to it... but thank you Mandi, I can at least give you a SHOUT OUT!
WHAT DOES MUSIC MEAN TO YOU?
Since I can remember music has had a huge part in my life. I can relate any memory, any feeling, any given moment to a musical sound or song. Music inspires me. It moves me. It drives me. Music has been there through every moment that was crucial in my existence. Music means so much cause it can speak with more than words... it has feelings behind the notes, phrases, beats... Music is LIFE!
WHAT IS YOUR FIRST MUSIC RELATED MEMORY?
I have several I'd like to share.
* I remember being in Piggly Wiggly in the basket while my grandmother shopped. With us was my cousin Lynn. He was talking to me a lot and we stopped at a display of RECORDS (yea it was THAT long ago) that they had on the shelf. Lynn asked me if I had a certain Kenny Rogers one and I said no that I had the one with "The Gambler" on it. He bought me that record. For some reason that memory has always stayed with me.
* I remember having my little swimming pool in the yard with all my toys in it and swimming around and around while records played from inside the house. Great memories there.
* I remember buying "THRILLER" and getting the white glove that came with it then putting on a show doing the moonwalk like MJ in front of my parents.
* My first tape recorder ... I remember being SO excited that I made up a song called "Shit Damn LA LA LA". It amused my grandaddy so much he gave me $5.
* Grandaddy encouraging me at age 3 to play the piano.
* My smurf drum set and waiting hours for "Eye of the Tiger" to play on the radio so I could jam with it.
WHAT’S THE FIRST ALBUM YOU’VE PURCHASED YOURSELF?
Myself? Mom said it was "Thriller" because she gave me money, I let her hold it for me, then when I saw "Thriller" I asked for it and she took my money and purchased it. I can't really remember it happening cause I was very young, I remember having the album and all... but the one I remember buying was my first CD, Metallica's "Master of Puppets"
THAT’S THE LATEST MUSIC YOU’VE PURCHASED? (NO ONLINE STREAMING OR FREE DOWNLOADS, I’M TALKING ABOUT CASH HERE!)
Ninja Sex Party's "Under the Covers". Yep. Huge NSP fan. I love Ninja Brian and Danny Sexbang. Their covers album is AWESOME. Go check it out. http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/NinjaSexParty
WHAT SONG DID YOU LISTEN TO LAST? (NO CHEATING, COME OUT WITH THE DIRTY PLEASURES!
Ok I was driving home... OH! It was Stone Sour "Say You'll Haunt Me" I fucking love me some Corey Taylor in ANY form. See the video for it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEn-nTkbEM0
Lastly, those I know who can inspire us more with music and words are:
I don't know any bloggers to nominate... so I am just gonna plug 5 musicians I love...
Danny Sexbang aka Dan Avidan from Game Grumps & Ninja Sex Party he is an awesome talent. His voice can rock, soothe, and also turn you on. But his talents go beyond that. He is awesome at comedy and even more so at just wit. I've never known a man with so many admirable traits. He knows music and loves music.
Heather Traska she is awesome with her mash-ups on youtube @ https://www.youtube.com/user/heathertraska. I think she is one of the best talents on YouTube today.
Sarah Brightman is my IDOL so I would say her, ALWAYS. From Phantom of the Opera's original musical cast to her own SOLO career, Sarah's music is always a spectrum of variety and beauty.
Corey Taylor is a musical GENIUS. The front man for Slipknot, Stone Sour, and other various music groups, Corey understands music more than any man I've ever seen. His voice can be soft and soothing then it can turn around and rock your fucking socks off.
David Draiman of Disturbed is an awesome musician who knows the value of good vocals.