Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Dollar Tree Cat Collar Incident

So, me trying to be cheap cause cat collars are $3 each and when you have 10 cats.... WOW... anyway, I decided to purchase 3 cat collars from the Dollar Tree. Usually things I buy from there I trust, they've never done me wrong.

However, this time... the collars... they made my cats itch and itch till they bled, and even lost fur.


Here are 2 pictures of one of the colors stained with blood.


 
And here is one of my cats, JELLYBEAN, who lost fur and has bad scabs from where she scratched due to the collar.

 
I wrote an email to the Dollar Tree...
 
 
I recently purchased several cat collars from the Saraland, Alabama Dollar Tree. My cats began to break out and scratch until they were bloody then their fur started to fall out. I have photos up on my facebook of the collar and one of my cats who suffered the most. I am appalled at this and what it did to my sweet little kitties.
 
 
 
I sent that today at 9pm and we shall see if Dollar Tree replies and what they say. If nothing else, I just want them to be aware so they can prevent other animals from suffering as well. My cats are ok. I put cream on them, took the collars off, and gave them lots of lovings. All should be well and most of the areas are healing perfectly. It just takes time.
 
Hopefully Dollar Tree does the RIGHT thing, but I won't hold my breath.
 
 
KITTY CAT PARENTS BEWARE
 
DON'T PURCHASE COLLARS
FROM THE DOLLAR TREE
THEY WILL MAKE YOUR CATS ITCH
TILL THEY ARE BLOODY AND THEN
HAVE NASTY SCABS THEN FUR LOSS!!!!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. hope that your pets will be OK....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my kitties are ok. Jellybean (the one pictured above) is having it rough. She is pulling out her fur now... and still scratching. Vet says keep putting the cream on her scabs but she's scratching them bloody. I am worried but I am looking into getting one of those kitty cones. LOL. That'll learn her. :-P

      Delete

I will respond when I can. Thank you for your opinions and comments.