Friday, October 9, 2015

Martha's 31 Days of Horror - Movie Review: The Last Exorcism

 
OFFICIAL TRAILER

 
I didn't really have a lot of expectations going into THE LAST EXORCISM. I really thought it would be a major disappointment by the time I was done.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

You start off funny and you end going "WTF!!!!".

At the beginning you are set up to meet this "preacher" who was "groomed" into being a preacher since childhood. He preached, healed... even performed EXORCISMS. Now it seems he's had a change of heart and says that he's never witnessed a REAL demon and that his exorcisms are all fake. The preacher is going around with a film crew to debunk exorcisms.

We follow the preacher around until he picks up his mail and then sees someone needing his help. Travel down the road in Louisiana and into the woods... where we are WARMLY greeted by a young man who throws rocks at and tells to "head back the way you came". So the preacher goes onward towards the house to meet a man who is very devout in his CHRISTIAN beliefs. His cattle are dying... and it seems to be his DAUGHTER who is causing all this.



Well, this leads the preacher and the film crew down a path that is hard to turn away from. I won't give it all away because this is a MUST SEE FOR YOURSELF... but I will say the road is a hell of a journey and the ending is awesomely shocking.

What makes THE LAST EXORCISM work is the believability. You believe the guy who plays the preacher is a preacher and is concerned for this girl. You believe the girl is just as innocent until her eyes go black and you see something in them. You believe the story... because it sounds true/like something that happened to a friend or family member close to you... and the acting of all involved is top notch.



See this one people. I can honestly say it is one of the better exorcism/possession movies. It's worth it. It'll give you something to think about and it'll make you believe that perhaps, demons DO exist.

Rating:
 
4 out of 5 Bloody Eyeballs



Have you ever been possessed? Or have you ever felt like you had no control of yourself?

I've been possessed
I've never been possessed but I have felt like I had no control
No possession and I am always in control

Poll Maker

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's worth a watch if you like that sort of thing. I do ... always been fascinated by the exorcism ritual... this one is ALMOST a modern day EXORCIST save for a few details. It's filmed documentary style which is starting to be OVERUSED in the horror genre.

      Delete
  2. You know this is one of those flicks I have sitting in the man cave that I really need to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the second one too I am going to review it later on though... so there is no confusion between the 2. This one is one of the best though. I really enjoyed it.

      Delete

I will respond when I can. Thank you for your opinions and comments.