Sunday, October 4, 2015

Martha's 31 Days of Horror - Movie Review: Hatchet 3


 
Official Trailer
 

 
I absolutely LOVE the Hatchet series. I had been putting off the third installment due to me being busy playing Elder Scrolls Online or blogging always finding excuses not to Netflix and watch it. Well NO MORE EXCUSES thanks to 31 Days of Horror and BOY am I SORRY I hadn't watched sooner.
 
 
Danielle Harris is back. She has to be one of my favorite scream queens of all time now. She just knows how to hold herself, deliver her lines, and look the part ALL OF THE TIME. Spot on Danielle. I absolutely adored her in this installment. The bad ass lone survivor of the last movie who now is SUSPECT in killing EVERYONE Crowley did cause lets face it, the cops aren't gonna believe a chick covered in blood, carrying a gun, and holding someone's scalp in her hand saying "I KILLED HIM" that the person responsible is a local urban legend named Victor Crowley.
 
 
Yes Crowley survives and in this movie we find out why he can take a beating or a bullet to the face and still come back WHOLE and kick everyone's ass. I won't spoil that for you. But you NEED to pay ATTENTION to the movie so you know WHY and HOW he returns. It won't be hard to unless you are a total freaking MORON who just let's things go way over your head. I love how the explained it and I have to give KUDOS to the writers for coming up with that one.
 
 
What I really love is KANE HODDER (who played Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th parts 7 - 10) facing off against DEREK MEARS (who played Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th 2009 Remake). It's just a cool moment of two former Jason's brawling. Awesome moment.
 
Hatchet NEVER fails to deliver in any aspect. It's been a great series and has had some of the best moments that I can recall in horror movies as of late. I recommend you pick up all 3 movies ... and don't be afraid of the 2 sequels. In this instance, the 2 sequels just make the series all the better. 

RATING:

 
5 out of 5 Bloody Eyeballs




Who would win in a fight between Victor Crowley and Jason Voorhees?

Jason
Victor

Poll Maker

1 comment:

I will respond when I can. Thank you for your opinions and comments.