Monday, October 19, 2015

Martha's 31 Days of Horror - Movie Review: I Spit on your Grave ( Remake )

 
OFFICIAL TRAILER




I Spit on your Grave is a strange title indeed. I never cared for the original (1978). It fell into the genre of perverse like the original LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT. Now don't get me wrong, there isn't anything wrong with Last House on the Left or I Spit on Your Grave original. I think when I first saw them I was young and it triggered something in me for having gone through a similar situation (yes... rape). So those movies would turn my stomach more than gore from Jason or Freddy ever could.

Now that the movie is updated (2010) I have to say I like it MUCH better.

The lead actress is believable and you really care about her. You feel ever bit of emotion from her. What she goes through is horrible. But I think what happens to those who put her in her "REVENGE" state is even worse. Each revenge is unique and the ending is VERY enjoyable.

I won't post images here because it could trigger those of us who have experienced like-wise circumstances of abuse in some form or another. I will say it is extremely OUT THERE and GRAPHIC so if you watch this PREPARE for it... if you are easily triggered, skip this movie. For me, I have been so desensitized to the horror and shock genre... nothing triggers me except my own self (I am haunted by my own memories).

Now if you look at this movie in a positive way it is actually a movie that empowers women even though the woman is the victim. It shows that even when a woman is knocked down... she can get back up, kick your butt, and laugh about it.

(There is now a part 2 and 3, I might pick them up... eventually)

RATING:
 
 
4 out of 5 bloody eyeballs



Have you ever gone through anything as traumatic as the character of I Spit on your Grave?

Yes
No

Poll Maker

1 comment:

I will respond when I can. Thank you for your opinions and comments.