Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Abusive Relationships


"I left my abusive relationship because ____" 

I was tired of being controlled and then tossed aside. I had lost so much of myself that I didn't even recognize ME anymore... it was time to reclaim myself. I had my heart attack... and I knew when he didn't show at the hospital to be at my side that there was NO LOVE... it was time to go.



ADVICE: 
Your abuse does not have to be what you consider to be the most severe kind to matter.

Your abuse did not have to last years to matter.

Your abuse does not have to be worse than anyone else’s you know to matter.

Your abuse did not have to be something you were completely helpless to prevent in order to matter.

Your abuse did not have to endanger your life to matter.

Your abuse did not have to cause PTSD to matter.

Your abuser did not have to be cruel in every moment for your abuse to matter.

Your abuse did not have to break bones and leave scars to matter.

Abuse is abuse is abuse. You matter. What happened to you matters. It is not a competition. You do not have to have had the most tragic experience for your abuse to matter. It all matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will respond when I can. Thank you for your opinions and comments.