Saturday, August 4, 2012

Movie Review: The Avengers

 


If you haven't seen Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America... WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously... those movies are a MUST for you to understand the entire story of The Avengers.

Now anyone who knows me knows I am a huge Marvel junkie... was from way back in the day when I collected comics. I am VERY PICKY about the way the Marvel superhero movies are done.

I was extremely please with all the Iron Man movies, Thor, and even the 2nd Hulk movie... not a huge lover of the first Hulk movie or Captain America but at least Captain America was tolerable compared to that first Hulk movie (Eric Bana is bad Hulk!)


I love Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark aka Iron Man. Every movie he plays this role in seems to me he's getting better at being Tony Stark. I love Chris Hemsworth as Thor. I can tolerate Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. I like Chris Evans... that's why I saw Captain America even though I am not a huge Captain America fan. I am extremely delighted in Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye cause he really looks the part and his acting is always spot on. Tom Hiddleston as Loki... flawless as always (I just wanna hug Loki for some reason).













Where my major concern was ... was of course, where most fans concern was, THE HULK aka BRUCE BANNER. Mark Ruffalo plays this part... and he NAILS it. I mean, he reminded me of Bill Bixby in the original TV version of The Hulk. I was SO pleased that the Hulk finally got someone RIGHT to play his part. And then ... HULK SMASH... and The Hulk says some stuff... I was SO pleased that someone finally got The Hulk right on screen.

</

Even if that someone was someone I am essentially mad at... by the name of JOSS WHEDON. Ah, Joss Whedon, he who killed BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER for me by season 4 of the series with all the story line BS of "the key" and Buffy going all psycho... yes... THAT Joss Whedon. So, he is behind one of the BEST Superhero movies I have ever seen. Gah. And I have to ADMIT THAT? Ok, Joss, you win this round. Still mad about some things from Buffy... but when it comes to Superhero movies... you did the Avengers some TRUE justice... so thank you.

This movie is everything that a MARVEL/AVENGERS fan would want. And with the ending... a promise perhaps of a sequel?!?!? *crosses fingers*

I saw The Avengers in 3D (it's my first EVER 3D movie since I was 3 and saw King Kong). I recommend seeing it this way because it was totally awesome from start to finish... a little hard to keep up with SOME of the action in some parts but it was WELL worth it for the effect of it all.

Overall, I think this is the Superhero movie of the year... if not DECADE. We superhero fans have been waiting for this... and it's everything promised and then some (great awesome HULK funny moments too).

RATING:
5 out of 5 silver stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will respond when I can. Thank you for your opinions and comments.